- Create or review your business listing at www.register.newzealand.com.
- If you already have a listing then you will have an email address and a password. Enter it in the top black bar.
- If you do not have a listing, enter your details and sign-up, then follow the steps for every part of this process.
Step 2: Make your listing accurate, compelling and complete
Getting your listing working effectively is crucial to driving referrals to your business, and we are here to assist you.
For a video tutorial on how to update your listing click here
A business listing on newzealand.com will tell consumers where you are and what you do. Once you have finished loading your information it will pass through an approval process before you will see it live.
Trip Advisor ratings
On your business listing page you have the option to display your current Trip Advisor rating and most recent reviews to newzealand.com users.
Log in at www.register.newzealand.com and add your Trip Advisor business ID under your business and contact information.
To locate your Trip Advisor business ID open your business page on www.tripadvisor.com and then copy the numerical portion of the website address (URL) that follows the letter 'd'.
For example the TripAdvisor business ID taken from the URL below is 256502
To find out more about managing your presence on TripAdvisor visit the Owners Center.
Please note it can take up to four weeks for your Trip Advisor rating to appear on newzealand.com If you wish to remove it, simply untick the box within your business listing on register.newzealand.com and click save.
If your business is Qualmark rated, you can add your awards alongside your listing. newzealand.com is synchronised with Qualmark's rating database.
To do this, add your Qualmark account ID in the Operator Database under 'Type and description', then click ‘refresh’. Add your available awards to the ‘Selected Awards’ box by clicking on the add button.
To retrieve your Account ID please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 782 562.
Step 3: Loading travel deals and articles
Articles and travel deals provide tourism businesses with further opportunities to enhance their reputation and create conversion opportunities on newzealand.com.
- Click on 'sign in' on newzealand.com. You don’t need to click on sign up as this is for anyone that wants to add content that isn’t an Operator.
- Sign in using exactly the same email and password you use for your business listing on the Operator Database.
- Manage your profile, add articles, and add travel deals.
The Your Articles link is where you click to start adding content. This is also where you go to make changes to any articles you’ve created in the past.
The Your Deals link will allow you to add travel deals both onto your articles and onto the site. The travel deal system shows you exactly what to do step by step.
Step 4: Check your listing:Once you receive notification from Tourism NZ that your listing is active, please check that it is on www.northlandnz.com.
- Contact Tourism NZ for your initial registration by calling +64 9 914 4780 or email them here
- Upgrade your free listing on this website to a priority listing here