Northland Regional Economic Development Strategy Steering Group
A Steering Group for the REDS has been assembled to set the strategic direction and vision, identify priorities and provide input into an actionable work programme and advocate for REDS outcomes within regional networks.
Through collaboration the aim is to have eyes to the horizon yet address key issues still affecting Tai Tokerau such as equity, inclusivity, resilience, productivity, the need for higher value jobs, better infrastructure, climate change, community capacity and capability, to achieve better outcomes for whanau to thrive.
These members were selected by an appointments panel made up of a representative from:
- Te Kahu o Taonui
- Northland Inc
- Regional Public Services Commissioner – Tai Tokerau
- Joint Regional Economic Development Committee
Members of the Group
Kathryn De Bruin
Sir Brian Roche
Tania McInnes and;
A representative of Te Kahu o Taonui, the regional iwi Chairs’ forum.
Responsibilities of the Group
- Set the strategic direction and vision for the strategy Te Ōhanga Rautaki Whānui
- Agree and provide input into an intergenerational strategy framework
- Agree a co-design strategy process and engagement model
- Identify priorities and provide input into an actionable work programme
- Oversee and monitor the strategy development pace
- Be a champion and advocate for the strategy within your networks
- Commit to attending Steering Group meetings and to pre-read, participate in discussions, add substantive value, and provide guidance at bi-monthly meetings
Tupu kerekere, Tupu wanawana ka haramai te toki o haumi ē, hui ē, tāiki ē!